Wednesday 28 May 2014

May favourites!


L-R Top row:(Tresemme Split Remedy, Soap and Glory Heel genius, Frozen!!!)
Bottom Row: Mac Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow, Estee Lauder Advanced night repair for eyes, Barry M Gelly hi-shine in Greenberry, Real Techniques Buffing Brush.)

This month I really wanted to jump aboard the favourites post band wagon, let me know if you like these and I shall continue them as a monthly thing. As a new member of the blogging world I love the idea of noseying into people's makeup bags (is it just me?) and stealing some of their favourite staple products as my own new favourites.

However, this month has held the month of 2 weddings (one of which I was a bridesmaid for arghhh!), family parties and the arrival of good old Mr sun! My first favourite is my Real Techniques buffing brush which can be found here as part of the Core collection which is £21.99 for 4 staple base brushes. I love this set but have found an amazing difference in using this buffing brush to apply my foundation. Just one problem; how the heck do you clean this thing!!? I've tried shampoo, soap, brush cleaner you name it and i just can't seem to get this squeaky clean. It always feels clean but never looks it. Anyway, if you are a master brush cleaner yourself this is amazing for stippling on and buffing in liquid foundation and i've found myself needing to use alot less product.

My second favourite for this month is the nail polish i'm currently wearing, Barry M's Gelly hi-shine polish in Greenberry. Which you can find here for £3.99. This I can see being my go to summer nail polish this year, purely because of it's ease to apply and wear. I can wear this for at least 3days before I have to take it off.

For a few month's now i've been extremely conscious about keeping my hair healthy and especially split ends. So I purchased Tresemme's Split Remedy Leave in treatment which is avaliable here for £5.75. This leave in cream leaves my ends so soft and it smells amazing! Aswell i've noticed my ends getting seriously stronger, which for me is a miracle, they were so dry!

My only skincare favourite this month is the Estee Lauder Advanced Night repair for eyes which was actually in a gift with purchase which I was given by a family member around Christmas. It's avaliable here but it's a little pricey at £38 a pot, Ouch. However, this product is amazing I think this is the only eye cream i've tried that has actually reduced my dark circles and hasn't irriated my eyes. I've had this tiny tester pot since Christmas and i've been using it day and night and still have half left.

Please excuse the awful swatch, my camera is broken so i'm using my phone for the time being. But this month my favourite crease shade has hands down been Mac's Swiss chocolate. Which is a matte medium brown and super easy to work with. I love pairing this with All that Glitters such a natural everyday look, it's avaliable here for £12.50.

My final beauty favourite is Soap and Glory's Heel genius. Yes you heard it, a foot cream. But now that summer's approaching us I figured I needed to take it upon me to make my feet sandal ready. I won't harper on about a foot cream because it does it's job, it's avaliable here for £5.50.

Now onto the non-beauty favourites...

My fashion favourite of the month hands down has to be my new Juju Jellies sandals in white which were a present for my birthday. These are £25 and are avaliable here and in most of the high street stores at the moment. Despite these having a heel these are so comfortable, I can seriously see these becoming a summer shoe trend.

My electrical favourite this month has got to be my GHD's. I got these as a gift for my birthday and i'm in love with them!
These are £125 and avaliable here but is currently on offer for £103.99. But hurry because these are limited edition for breast cancer awareness.
My final favourite has to be Frozen the movie. I am obsessed! I'm currently watching it actually now.

Please leave your requests for future posts and hit the follow button,
Thanks Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment